News & Announcements
AUA President-Elect 2023 from the North Central Section
December 13, 2021
Starting December 15, 2021, you will be receiving emails through the secure voting site to cast your vote for the NCS nominee for the 2023 AUA President-Elect. The only eligible way to vote is via a link that is provided in the email you receive from the NCS office. If you do not receive the official notice, please contact us. Voting is restricted to only Active and Senior Members and the system will restrict you to be able to cast your vote only once. There are two candidates on the ballot for the AUA President-Elect position. Each candidate was asked to write a personal statement. Those statements as they were submitted are included below:
Stephen Y. Nakada, MD, FACS, FRCS (Glasg.)
James C. Ulchaker, MD, FACS
The complete voting process per the NCS bylaws has been provided below for your reference:
- Beginning December 15, 2021, all eligible voting members will be allowed to vote via a secure web based voting system. Only one vote per voting member will be counted and the Office of the Executive Director will verify only one vote per voting member. The deadline for voting will be January 31, 2022.
- The election results will be counted and verified by a committee consisting of the Secretary of the NCS, Chairperson of the Nominating Committee and the Executive Director.
- The winner must gather 50% of the vote plus one to be declared the victor.
- If there is no outright victor then the top two vote getters will face off in another electronic election, via a secure web based voting system to be completed by February 28th, 2022. Only one vote per voting member will be counted for the face-off election, and the Office of the Executive Director will verify only one vote per voting member.
- The votes will be counted and verified by the Secretary of the NCS, Chairperson of the Nominating Committee, and the Executive Director. The victor will be announced at the Annual Business Meeting.
If you have any questions regarding the voting process, please contact NCS Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeffrey A. Triest, MD
NCS Chairman of the Nominating Committee
Elizabeth B. Takacs, MD
NCS Executive Director